Directions: Use these tips to help your family improve their relationships. Post them in a central spot. Not all tips will work for everyone. Pick the ones that work for you. What other tips would you add?
1. Set aside time to talk.
2. Don’t expect your family to read your mind.
3. Be specific and realistic about your expectations and requests.
4. Have patience! Good communication takes time and effort.
5. Brainstorm ideas before making a final decision.
6. Ask for input from family members.
7. Write things down; make a list of changes you want to see.
8. Be willing to compromise.
9. Do fun things together.
10. Use community resources when you need help.